Dreadlocks growth like hair depends on various factors including genetics, hormones, age, and nutrition. You may not be able to control all the elements involved, but you may take some steps to stimulate the growth of hair.
1. Massaging your scalp: When you rub the scalp, the flow of blood to hair follicles increases and as a result enables hair growth.
2. Vitamin rich diet: Experts link Vitamins A, D, B, C and E with hair growth. Vitamin D helps in the creation of new hair follicles while Vitamin E contributes to a healthier scalp. On the other hand, vitamin B plays an essential role in conditioning and strengthening your hair.
Some researchers suggest that Vitamin A may help you moisturize your hair. Vitamin C contains hair anti-aging properties. Therefore, ensure you add fruits and vegetables such as Spinach, carrots, oranges, avocados, and kales. Fatty fish, grains, mushrooms, cod liver oil, and almonds are also rich sources of vitamins.
The other essential nutrients for hair growth are proteins, iron, and zinc. Overall, commit to eating a balanced diet every day as you will be able to cater for all of your nutritional needs per day as well as help your hair grow.
3. Exercise: The multiple benefits of exercise, directly and indirectly, contribute to your hair growth. For example, a healthy body may lead to glowing skin and better hair. By reducing stress, exercise helps you combat hair loss. The other result of regular workouts is the regeneration of cells which allows you sleep better than before. Lastly, the blood flow increases leading to the nourishment of the hair follicles and growth of hair. With exercise, you can start small. Regular 30 minutes’ walk may help you in your quest to have better hair. Cardio activities you can engage in include running, weightlifting, and aerobics.
4. Enough sleep: 7 hours or more of sleep is not only good for your body but also your hair. Sleep helps the body rejuvenate, secrete hormones that promote growth and repair muscles and tissues.
5. Yoga: Yoga will help you increase the flow of blood in your body and help decrease the stress levels.